Re: News Release

Volker Birk wrote:
tscm-video <ctaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Then newspapers and journals are full of information about President
Bush's warrantless wiretapping and eavesdropping.

Yes. And the riddle is: why are the American people putting up with the
way Bush is corroding democracy and liberty in the US and ruining the
reputation of the USA in the world?

For example, here in Germany before Bush the US had a very high
reputation. After 9/11, all people I know were committed to support the
people of the US wherever we can.

Since "Homeland Security", the manipulations with elections, the witch
hunt in airports, and finally this disastrous war of aggression in Iraq
I don't know many people who are appreciative of this acting.

For us Germans, the people of the US were the example for how we should
be. Why aren't our friends standing up now and firing Bush and his
strange group with huge demonstrations and enforcing new elections?

I'm not American, so I really don't understand.

Yours,
VB.

Volker, there isn't a process for "firing" a lame-duck President. Impeachment would have to be brought about by vote from the US Congress and that isn't going to happen given the decrepit 2 party system.

  • Secrecy In Government
    ... Qaida in foreign countries not officially at war with us. ... I thank Pres. Bush for protecting us. ... Our reputation is of great concern to ...
    (soc.culture.israel)
  • Re: Bush To Make Recess Appointment Of Bolton
    ... Bush's Expected Move May Affect Democrats' Tilt on Supreme Court Nominee ... The White House signaled yesterday that President Bush is likely to ... First the Dems do everything they can to undercut Bolton's reputation ...
    (alt.politics.bush)
  • Re: Overview, Senate Report: Harsh Tactics Used In Attempt to Establish NON-EXISTENT Iraq-al
    ... >>> trying to establish a link between al Qaida and Iraq and we were not ... > they have confidence in Bush to do thing right thing. ... You don't feel that a person's integrity and reputation is very ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: News Release
    ... reputation of the USA in the world? ... here in Germany before Bush the US had a very high ... Here the mechanism is impeachment, which if successful, would result in Vice President Cheney assuming office. ... The main reason we haven't seen any move toward impeachment is because the Republican party holds the majority of both Houses of Congress as well as the Presidency. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: News Release
    ... here in Germany before Bush the US had a very high ... Since "Homeland Security", the manipulations with elections, the witch ... I'm not American, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)