Re: News Release

"Volker Birk" <bumens@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:443d3378@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
tscm-video <ctaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Then newspapers and journals are full of information about President
Bush's warrantless wiretapping and eavesdropping.

Yes. And the riddle is: why are the American people putting up with the
way Bush is corroding democracy and liberty in the US

Are you quoting news reports or facts when you make the statement "Bush is
corroding democracy and liberty in the US"? I live in the US and my liberty
has not been "corroded" one whit and I know of no one else who has had their
liberty or democracy "corroded. In fact the only difference that I see is
the amount of rhetoric and false claims of "lost liberty" has increased
dramatically.

and ruining the
reputation of the USA in the world?

And just what reputation was that? We do not run our country based on the
acceptance of foreign nations...never have....never will.

For example, here in Germany before Bush the US had a very high
reputation. After 9/11, all people I know were committed to support the
people of the US wherever we can.

And thank you for your support.

Since "Homeland Security", the manipulations with elections,

Manipulations with elections? Following our laws is manipulation? Again I
think you are reading too many press reports and not allowing the facts to
speak.

the witch
hunt in airports,

Witch hunt? Have you ever flown on El Al? They make our security seems like
playschool. Is their something wrong with securing your air travel after 13
people hijacked airplanes, destroyed the WTC,damaged the Pentagon and killed
3000+ people? It seems that we would be severely remiss if we did not.

and finally this disastrous war of aggression in Iraq

Let's see One war (GW1) 18+ UN resolutions and Saddams refusal to disarm and
disclose as he had promised is a war of aggression? Remember Saddam started
all of this by Invading Kuwait.

I don't know many people who are appreciative of this acting.

For us Germans, the people of the US were the example for how we should
be. Why aren't our friends standing up now and firing Bush and his
strange group with huge demonstrations and enforcing new elections?

Because Bush is doing what needs to be done. It may be unpopular, it may not
be politically correct and it may not be in the best interest of foreign
countries but someone had to do it.

I'm not American, so I really don't understand.

If I may give you some advice, don't read what the press says. Ferret out
the facts for yourself and make your own decisions. There is so much
rhetoric and propaganda from both sides it is extremely hard to discern the
truth. As for GW Bush, do yourself a favor, listen to what the man says, not
what others say he said. Interpretations by reporters are known to be
slanted one way or the other depending on your political outlook.

  • Re: News Release
    ... liberty or democracy "corroded. ... the amount of rhetoric and false claims of "lost liberty" has increased dramatically. ... but Bush lies have lead into a war. ... Is their something wrong with securing your air travel after 13 people hijacked airplanes, destroyed the WTC,damaged the Pentagon and killed 3000+ people? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: MS in Creationism
    ... completely ignore massive invasions of liberty when done by the ... There was a record number of consecutive quarters of economic growth under ... Bush, until the Dems took control of Congress in 2006. ... like someone drove a truck in to my house, and I had to go in to debt ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)
  • Quotes from the Founding Fathers
    ... "Any people that would give up liberty for a little temporary safety deserves neither liberty nor safety." ... George Washington, First Inaugural, April 30 1789 ... --George W. Bush, answering a question about a possible flu pandemic, Cleveland, July 10, 2007 ... "I've been in politics long enough to know that polls just go poof at times." ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: Go here right now and watch Ron Pauls donations for TODAY
    ... is to divide us, make us fearful, change our way of life. ... Bush said they hate us for our liberty, ... they wander away, the harder you have to reach out to try and grab ...
    (soc.men)