Re: Mixed network question

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I haven't been able to put it all
together yet and thought I would ask you fine folks here :)

I was wondering if I could have my wireless router Linksys WRT54G support
both DHCP Dynamic Ip assignment as well as a static ip's in the same
network. My reason is simple, my new employer which provides a laptop for
support uses only Dynamic assigned address through their network and I
would like to use my broadband connections which is connected to my own
personal network which I have static Ip address assigned. Is this possible
to mix the two types of ip assignments under one router (or two). I also
have another router Linksys BEFSR41 which I am willing to integrate into
the system to accomplish the task if need be.

Any thoughts?

FM

  • Re: Mixed network question
    ... I was wondering if I could have my wireless router Linksys WRT54G support ... both DHCP Dynamic Ip assignment as well as a static ip's in the same ... support uses only Dynamic assigned address through their network and I ... I believe the Linksys can provide DHCP addresses within the same ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: IP Address Block Assignment
    ... you can ask for a unique allocation to use where addresses need to be unique - e.g. for management of MPLS VPNs where you dont want to clash with customer address space, or for an private extranet. ... Assuming you use it for interconnect to the outside world, then: even if you get it, it will complicate the network design, since any ISP you connect to globally may deliver packets to any point where you connect to the internet ... > Any references/links to good literature describing the assignment process> would be deeply appreciated. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: USB flash memory drive letter assignments
    ... assignment as an existing network mounted drive and is inaccessible. ... the USB memory will be assigned H: ... to avoid problems I have to assign different letters to all my USB ...
  • Re: Network Performance
    ... To make alittle more detail so you could possibily ... provide more guidance is... ... The assignment scenario is we have 20 standalone PC's, ... >> assignment we have is to create a report on network so many PC's ...
  • Re: Workstation
    ... detection and IP assignment process may take some time. ... which may interfere with the launch of network client. ... OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please add "Use of ... > I've noticed that the workstation service has 'disappeared' form the list ...