Re: guidance sought

ArtDent wrote:

And the "other" firewalls won't, too, if the malware is not
completely dumb and does not use one of the well-known
possibilities to communicate ignoring any "Personal Firewall".

That has changed 'lately'. Quite a few personal firewalls now do
checksums or some other method to make sure that the program(s) you
give permissions to acces the net, stays its pristine self.

That's why malware usually changes the software in memory, or only
changes its behaviour.

Yes, ok, _some_ malware can 'sneak' past _some_ personal firewalls,
but, having one is USUALLY better than not having one - FOR THE NEWER
USERS, whom are the ones usually asking the questions about this.

Almost any modern malware does.

But you're suggesting to keep users uneducated and being fed with placebos.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: guidance sought
    ... possibilities to communicate ignoring any "Personal Firewall". ... That's why malware usually changes the software in memory, ...
  • Re: What is a good free antivirus protection program? Is AVG a good free program?
    ... > If I may ask a Dumb question in this 'tennis match' discussion: ... Both AV and Firewall can be "One stop" protection, that is useful, but it is ... When you install a newer MS system the advice is to install SP2 (Or ...
  • Re: Firewall
    ... I remember your dumb ass a now! ... troll post about a Win 9'x O/S not needing a firewall. ... patches of Application and Communication controls implemented in the BI ... If you got any computer expertise ...
  • Re: hackers and irc
    ... A machine is not automatically vulnerable without a firewall, ... "obviously dumb" not having a firewall, if you know what you're doing. ... I know a great deal about this sort of activity, ...
  • Re: Symantec: Microsoft Access ActiveX attacks will Intensify
    ... themselves with a good antivirus and firewall, the attacks should NOT be ... so an active X attack is blocked by the firewall you say... ... you're dumb, like most people ...