Re: How to configure Norton in order to use Yahoo meseenger

"Bernard" <dab38@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,

I am not able to use Yahoo messenger when my Norton AntiVirus is
active. If I desactivate Norton then Yahoo messenger works.
It should be a configuration issue...

Someone who can help?

You're going to have to open inbound ports on Norton so the program can
communicate most likel. You should use Google and find out what those ports
are for the program that need to be open.

You will then need open those ports on Norton. You can go to Norton's help,
Google or call Nortons's Tech support.

Duane :)

  • Re: Attempted Intrusion "Welchia_ICMP_Scan" from your machine against
    ... things like this because they tend to indicate a total screw around ... When you have Norton Installed, it stops it and places a report. ... disconnect Yahoo Messenger completely and shut it down ... > WinXP Operating System. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Attempted Intrusion "Welchia_ICMP_Scan" from your machine against
    ... toons wrote: ... > traced the problem and it is definitely Yahoo Messenger. ... When you have Norton Installed, it stops it and places a report. ... Flash is what is causing your problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: HELP!!! PAYSITE CHAT GROUPS
    ... I have XP professional running on my computer with NORTON ... ANTIVIRUS and SPYSWEEPER. ... I can get onto YAHOO messenger and MSN ... messenger to chat but cannot do this on paysite Have disabled XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Workbar in OE
    ... Or indeed the latest version of Yahoo Messenger! ... > Those with similar problems might want to follow Ellen's thread in Aumha ... >> One of the other things no longer working is the auto update for Norton. ...
  • Re: Unable to share my files in windows xp home.
    ... I just came home and disabled Norton and first my ... Next my trouble computer also ... ports you mentioned, As far as I tried to configure ... firewall tab, in that there is an option called HTTP ...