Re: Just want to keep the crap out!!
- From: "Eric" <none@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 00:54:03 GMT
"dawg" <don't look@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
That didn't occur to me.Of course I have heard of using an older PC as aso
firewall. I do have an old Compaq 333 or something w/nic. But, it's been
long since I read about it and it wasn't a completely in-depth article by
X-something or something X,how would I tun this old PC into a
BTW,you guys can really drag out an argument to it's bitter end,huh?:)
Check out http://www.smoothwall.org/
Your Compaq 333 should be more than adequate. It will need two NIC's though.
Just get a cheap $15 10/100 NIC if it only has one.
It even supports three NIC's, if you want to have a "DMZ area".
Haven't set it up yet, but it is on my "to do" list. Got enough parts here
to throw something together for it. Once I get motivated, I'm wanting to
get the parts all together and stuff them into a box I'm currently using as
a wireless captive portal (running "ZoneCD"). Basically "two computers"
stuffed into one box, one will run Smoothwall and the other ZoneCD.
Give it a shot and have fun...
- Prev by Date: Re: Just want to keep the crap out!!
- Next by Date: Re: Netgear FSV318v3 firewall drastically slows down my connection
- Previous by thread: Re: Just want to keep the crap out!!
- Next by thread: Re: Just want to keep the crap out!!