Re: How to get new IP address

Sebastian Gottschalk wrote:

V S Rawat wrote:

And the reboot is the thing that does what I wanted. It
disconnects the previous connection and gets a new ip
address in my modem/ router. Taking some 30-40 secs.

Usually it has a normal "disconnect/connect" button in the
Statues menu. No need to reboot.

I am clicking any icon to connect to net.

When I switch my modem on, it automatically connects. When I
switch my pc on, it already finds itself connected.

Support guys said that above method is better with LAN. They
said that disconnections etc are less in the above, and
connect/disconnect is needed in usb.

--
Rawat

  • Re: ADSL connection dropping at 01:40 precisely every night
    ... periods of a day or two with no connection. ... If the router is losing sync and causing PPP to stop, ... faceplate of the master socket - doing that disconnects all ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: Cable internet connection problems
    ... See my thread on disconnects. ... prevent conflict between the router and the modem. ... > that sie as well as some others with a wired connection. ... >> into, then switch cables, then try replacing the Network ...
  • Re: Extender networking problem
    ... are you running the latest Linksys firmware in your router? ... I have an HP z545-b with linksys 10/100 switch and Xbox ... >> reconnects for a little while and disconnects again after a few minutes. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: More Wireless Router Connection Problems!!
    ... >Windows xp pro SP2- disconnects every 20-30 minutes. ... The idea was to take the wireless out of the picture ... >desktop i.e. dropping connection every 20-30 minutes or so. ... >"connected" to the network, or if just by picking up the signal, it can ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Flames over -- Re: Which is simpler?
    ... Then this information is unreliable and should not be trusted (when resuming from a suspend), as it leads to incorrect behavior. ... Say I plug my USB camera in, mount it, and download some pictures. ... The controller puts all the hubs into low-power mode, but it never disconnects them or causes problems. ... I would argue that turning off all the busses completely when you want to maintain a connection to a device is broken. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)