Re: One help required about DSL Router reboot

"V S Rawat" <VSRawat@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi folks,

I had written about how I was guided by my ISP support guys to
be able to reboot my DSL router by my browser itself to get new
IP address, thus avoiding manual switching on/off.

It is working alright, but I have to start browser for that
which is a long process for FireFox 1.5

I am quoting the source page from browser where I have to click
on save/ reboot button which does the rest.

Could someone please point out if I could create a batch (.cmd)
script for that same thing, or could directly click on some
program in hdd, or could do it by Start-Run entry. That will
save me time.

thanks.

I would suspect not, because the router is using a Winndows Web Interface
with a browser environment and not a Windows Desktop and/or DOS environment.

And what's with the HTML that's part of your sig. Vicky?

Duane :)

--
<head>
<link rel="stylesheet" href='stylemain.css'

function btnReset() {
var code = 'location.assign("rebootinfo.cgi")';
eval(code);
}

function frmLoad() {
var sysReboot = '0';
var lanRefresh = '0';

if ( sysReboot == '1' )
btnReset();
else if ( lanRefresh == '1' ) {
var code =
'location.assign("resetrouter_en.cgi?lanRefresh=0")';
eval(code);
}
}

function restoreClick() {
var loc = 'restoreinfo.cgi';

var code = 'location.assign("' + loc + '")';

if (confirm("Are you sure you want to restore factory default
setting?"))
eval(code);
}

// done hiding -->
</script>
</head>

<strong>Click the button below to save and reboot the
router.</strong><br>
</center></blockquote>
<input type='button' onClick='btnReset()'
value='Save/Reboot'>
<strong>Restore DSL router settings to the factory
defaults.</strong><br>

</center></blockquote>
<input type='button' value='Restore Default Settings'
onClick='restoreClick()'>

<!--
2004120203
-->

--
Rawat

--
Vicky

  • One help required about DSL Router reboot
    ... be able to reboot my DSL router by my browser itself to get new ... on save/ reboot button which does the rest. ... var lanRefresh = '0'; ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: One help required about DSL Router reboot
    ... Duane Arnold wrote: ... to be able to reboot my DSL router by my browser itself to ... Web Interface with a browser environment and not a Windows ... reboot the modem/ router, but we don't have any windows or dos ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: JavaScript not being blocked/synched by Applet init()
    ... Applet, I am more than a tad concerned about developments. ... browser = JSObject.getWindow;} ... var lclNum; ... lclNum = chan.getNum; ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Awesome Tutorials for JavaScript beginners
    ... If the statement is false we exit from the while loop. ... Most Web developers think browser scripting is ... var UA = navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase; ... I suppose they could contact the authors of the script ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • RFC: Building the Perfect Tabbed Pane (an tutorial article)
    ... I'm writing a blog article about building a decent tabbed pane widget ... possible browser versions and configurations. ... tab with the pane using some convention for element id attributes. ... var el = LIB.getAnElement; ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)