Re: Netgear FSV318v3 firewall drastically slows down my connection

Well, now I have to find out what kind of a firewall I can get that
will give me the throughput that the modem allows.

I appreciate all the responses from people. I definitely will not be
recommending Netgear to anyone anymore.

  • Re: New modem and iptables...
    ... The router performs firewall and NAT functions ... If you want to persuade me it's a modem, ... it's a router and _it_ has your public Internet address. ... It also does NAT (otherwise you couldn't have a private IP address on ...
    (Fedora)
  • RE: Lost Internet Connectivity
    ... The modem is obviously working correctly - or I wouldn't be able to connect ... ethernet connection, along with the ipconfig, ping, etc returning null ... Firewall, McAfee Personal Firewall, VS, two-PC network, Motorola modem, ... connection, etc. Swapped cables, end-to-end, replace cable. ...
  • Re: Finding installed package files
    ... I can't speak for the icon set, ... If there is a firewall involved, ... There's nothing wrong about using dial on demand, ... My firewall and modem are hidden away out of sight, ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • RE: Lost Internet Connectivity
    ... I think you have bad Hardware, either the Modem which is my guess given up ... Firewall, McAfee Personal Firewall, VS, two-PC network, Motorola modem, ... PCI 10/100 Ethernet Connection. ... connection, etc. Swapped cables, end-to-end, replace cable. ...
  • Re: The PPP negotiation failed, coz serial loopback was detected
    ... both PC's HAVE the same PCI modem ... I'm not using XP's firewall. ... And using Linux on the other PC, ... as their default gateway to the world. ...
    (alt.os.linux)