Re: Netgear FSV318v3 firewall drastically slows down my connection

Ah I realised after my previous response that you're talking about VPN
connections. I'm not using the VPN feature - just basic internet
connectivity.

From a cursory Google search for "firewall throughput", I'm seeing that
typical WORSE case download speeds when using firewalls are at least
60Mbs.

So is the Netgear a dud? Or is there some hidden adjustment that needs
to be made to it?

Thanks,

  • Re: Materialist Evolutionists
    ... The remainder of your response to this point is therefore otiose. ... explaining its behaviour in terms of its nodal properties does not ... connections doesn't mean the nodes experience anything. ... the universe was such that what the physical activity *represented* ...
    (talk.origins)
  • SQL2000 - Merge Replication - Timeout error
    ... We have merge replication running successfully between 2 SQL2000 boxes via ... The process is running and is waiting for a response from one of the backend ... connections. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.replication)
  • Re: "GENES ARE FOLLOWERS NOT LEADERS". Was: Birds of feather...
    ... There is sufficient evidence that it is a specific response to (codification ... computational properties of the neural circuit. ... that the overwhelming majority of connections are ... a chimpanzee has a different pattern of connections than you or I ...
    (sci.bio.evolution)
  • Re: ADL Condemns Shooting of American Soldiers at Army Recruiting
    ... connections to plots such as that one. ... That's what they did with El Sayyid Nossai. ... To appeal to emotion rather than ... The first order of business is getting an honest response from ...
    (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)
  • HttpWebRequest connections on iPAQ 550
    ... I am using HttpWebRequest() to get a response from a Web Service. ... approxumately 25-27 such connections, the connections fail with error 'Unable ... Stream responseStream = webResponse.GetResponseStream; ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)