Re: Vulnerability and Penetration Testing?

This seems to be useful for testing my local machine, but I can't see how to
put a remote IP or hostname into it before hitting that red button.

Am I missing something?

"Anders" <andersajja@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Ross M. Greenberg wrote:
I'm in the process of evaluating some software firewalls. I want to test
their effectiveness by running some remote vulnerability and penetration
tests on my local box. Local box running the test on is running windows
XP. The firewall is running on some version of Linux.

The tester software has to be freely downloadable.

Any suggestions?

Ross M. Greenberg
You don't have to down load nessus just to scan you're
network from the outside.
There is one site unfortunately it is in swedish but the result is in
english. just click on the red button and the test will
start (it can take a little more than 30min), just remember not to close
you're browser during the test.

It is a better test then the ShieldsUP on

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Creating remote objects
    ... >> This creates an instance of Word on the local machine from Excel 2000, ... I don't have a remote server to go against. ... >> (ByVal lpszIID As String, ByVal piid As Long) As Long ... >> Dim rclsid As GUID ...
  • remote file copy using Net::Telnet
    ... " copies file from the local machine to the remote machine " ... print("Your programme will be terminated\n"); ... # fetching file from remote host to local machine ...
  • Re: Configuring networked printer
    ... OK - have fixed the old issue re: the OOo configuration printing - ... just required me to stop and restart the print server:) ... in the CUPS web interface on the "remote" machine (the machine ... On your local machine, you need to have the check box named "Show ...
  • Re: Configuring networked printer
    ... setup you local machine to use the printer on he remote machine. ... I have now set the "share" advertising checkbox as you suggested, ... On your local machine, you need to have the check box named "Show ... I have done this on Box B and get the following when the server ...
  • Re: Trouble with importing an existing web site.
    ... FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc. ... > remote site via FTP, then publishing the remote copy to the local machine. ...