Re: How to get new IP address

Sebastian wrote on Fri, 24 Mar 2006 12:38:54 +0100:

V S Rawat wrote:

So, what do I do? I switch my ADSL modem off and switch it on
after 5 secs (told by my support guy). That gets me a new IP
Address allotted, and I can download from the same site with
this ip address.

Depending on whether your old IP was already reassigned. I'm in a SDSL
network which is commonly used with flatrate and no forced
disconnection, so you'll get the very same address for at least one day.

Can be actually quite fun. I had one guy getting a complaint from DynDNS
that he didn't renew his IP address for 6 month. Guess what? It was most
recent. ;-)

This is why most DynDNS client software and routers that support DynDNS will
send an update every 30 days if the IP hasn't changed - saves DynDNS from
suspending/deleting your host :)

Dan

  • Re: [opensuse] Re: dyndns
    ... the use of DynDNS, not all do. ... Why would you need the support or permission of your ISP to use ... Comment: Using GnuPG with SUSE - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/ ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Al Jarvis-MS-MVP Windows Networking -No-ip.com
    ... DynDNS is my backup dynamic DNS... ... If you want full domain name support, ... for up to 5 domains after you purchase a domain name (try godaddy.com ... Jeffrey Randow (Windows Net. ...
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: dyndns
    ... the use of DynDNS, not all do. ... Why would you need the support or permission of your ISP to use ... as they may not be willing to incur the additional support costs for ...
    (SuSE)
  • [opensuse] Re: dyndns (was: Mail server HowTo?)
    ... the use of DynDNS, not all do. ... Why would you need the support or permission of your ISP to use ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: arp who-has? tell?
    ... but as a start in my learning about routers and networking I ... dyndns does not give you an IP address, that's done by your Internet Access Provider who lends you one of his. ... Google for 'seattle wireless pebble" ... Google will help here too. ...
    (Fedora)