Re: Zonealrm: Need to identify the source of outgoing request

cpurvis3@xxxxxxx wrote:

[ZoneAlarm in a wrong way, bypassing my bullshit filter]

I'm running ZoneAlarm free version.

Why?

Every night (it seems) I have a few ip's that ZoneAlarm is successfully
blocking going out from my pc to port 80 of the following ip's (the
names I got from ip lookups):

63.211.66.76 Level 3 Communications, Inc
146.82.218.144 Global Crossing
69.31.88.54 nLayer Communications, Inc

It appears these hosts are all running AkamaiGHost.

Congratulations, you're DoSing yourself.

The logs don't indicate which process or program is originating the
request - the log's Program column is always empty.

Which logs?

How can I determine where/what application originated these request?

As usual.

Should I allow them through?

What a stupid question.

could this be because I'm using the free
version (not the pro version)?

No, this is because ZoneAlarm is a toy for playing. And you should stop
playing now.

P.S - I have anti virus sw (from Zonealarm) - there's no indication
it's some kind of a virus.

And how would you get any serious indication?
.