Re: Zonealrm: Need to identify the source of outgoing request

cpurvis3@xxxxxxx wrote:

[ZoneAlarm in a wrong way, bypassing my bullshit filter]

I'm running ZoneAlarm free version.

Why?

Every night (it seems) I have a few ip's that ZoneAlarm is successfully
blocking going out from my pc to port 80 of the following ip's (the
names I got from ip lookups):

63.211.66.76 Level 3 Communications, Inc
146.82.218.144 Global Crossing
69.31.88.54 nLayer Communications, Inc

It appears these hosts are all running AkamaiGHost.

Congratulations, you're DoSing yourself.

The logs don't indicate which process or program is originating the
request - the log's Program column is always empty.

Which logs?

How can I determine where/what application originated these request?

As usual.

Should I allow them through?

What a stupid question.

could this be because I'm using the free
version (not the pro version)?

No, this is because ZoneAlarm is a toy for playing. And you should stop
playing now.

P.S - I have anti virus sw (from Zonealarm) - there's no indication
it's some kind of a virus.

And how would you get any serious indication?

  • Re: Cant View Workgroups on One PC
    ... >ZoneAlarm configuration problem found and corrected. ... This unblocked Port 135. ... many thanks, Chuck. ... Forgotten and misconfigured firewalls, as I note in other places, is such a ...
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] Zone Alarm
    ... So, Once you PAY for ZoneAlarm, you don't have to worry about CPU and MEM ... LinkSys Wireless Access Point Cable/DSL with 4 Port Switch. ... Zone alarm is good, but it is only 1 layer. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Zonealrm: Need to identify the source of outgoing request
    ... Every night I have a few ip's that ZoneAlarm is successfully ... with the tools like Active Port or TCPview, that program may not actually be ... PE Menu/view/show lower pane/ show all DLL's will show you everything that's ... You select a process in the upper pane and right-click Properties and get ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Cant connect from the outside
    ... I'm not sure how ZoneAlarm works, so i cannot tell you how to configure it. ... But i think that port 80 is blocked by either you, or your ISP (many ISPs ... > Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 3: ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Use what to close the win2ks opened port?
    ... > I want to close the UCP port 3456 on win2k machine, ... ZoneAlarm, when installed, blocks everything by default. ... you as other programs try to access the Internet such as Internet Explorer ... Lately though I've been playing with Deerfields Advanced Firewall. ...
    (comp.security.misc)