Restrict users that assign ip address manually
- From: cemkokten@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: 22 Mar 2006 14:31:44 -0800
We have ChackPoint NGX firewall, and MetaIP as DHCP server.
We have to problems that we can't solve.
1. Users that assign a static ip manually to a computer can gain access
through firewall. So we want to restrict computers which have ip that
is not assigned by DHCP. And configure DHCP to gave ip address reserved
to MAC Address. If possible we want to restrict all network activity of
the computer which have an ip not assigned from dhcp. We have managable
hp procurve switches.
2. MetaIP is configured to give ip address according to mac address,
but when a computer assign a static ip manually and then configure the
computer to take the ip address automatically, MetaIP still gaves it
the manually assigned ip address not the one reserved to its mac
- Prev by Date: Re: Aports a security risk?
- Next by Date: Re: Firewalls, Would do you use? or would you recommend?
- Previous by thread: Aports a security risk?
- Next by thread: Which of these netstat connections should be banned on WinXP?