Re: I am sick of windows firewall

V S Rawat wrote:
Volker Birk wrote:
V S Rawat <VSRawat@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Some more insight sought into the working of
hackers/crackers. Suppose I am offline (sleeping)
overnight. I wake up in the morning, do my daily chores, and
then boot the system and go on line.
How does a hacker/cracker come to know that I have come
online, and I have been assigned a dynamic IP address by my
ISP? That is, before my system sends some traffic to their
site/pc that makes them aware of my pc's existence.

The problems for home user's PC are not crackers, the problem
are the automated attacks running and constantly scanning
every IP address in every address space of dial-in boxes any
time.

Who (what type of people/agency) is running those automated
attacks?

Script kiddies.

cu
59cobalt
--
"If you think technology can solve your security problems, then you
don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technology."