Re: Firewalls, Would do you use? or would you recommend?

Volker Birk wrote:
Duane Arnold <NotMe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

benson_james@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi, im looking for a firewall for a Windows XP Professional 64-bit
computer, the computer is mainly running game servers, ventrilo
servers, that sort of stuff.

Yeah, you should get a good NAT router.

Maybe NAT is not a good idea, if James want's to offer Services.

I myself don't see anything wrong with getting a NAT FW router that is ICSA certified as a solution. It's enough to protect a computer running games and whatnot.

Duane :)

  • Re: NAT is not a mechanism for securing a network.. but.. HELP!
    ... For years I have heard people claim that NAT could be ... > They debunk the myth that a NAT router provides as strong security as ... I went to a site that did ping testing with the ... I see the WG responding to the in the WatchGuard syslog by using ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: DNS cache poisoning - Wake up everyone!
    ... attack against a lonely client Mac cowering behind a NAT router. ... That's not the attack you need to be worrying about. ... they don't do recursive DNS do they? ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Would a firewall prevent Sasser worm?
    ... >you are saying that NAT is a perfectly good firewall for a home ... A NAT router provides adequate protection for home users. ... These devices are designed to block inbound connections while allowing ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Would a firewall prevent Sasser worm?
    ... >you are saying that NAT is a perfectly good firewall for a home ... A NAT router provides adequate protection for home users. ... These devices are designed to block inbound connections while allowing ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Would a firewall prevent Sasser worm?
    ... >you are saying that NAT is a perfectly good firewall for a home ... A NAT router provides adequate protection for home users. ... These devices are designed to block inbound connections while allowing ...
    (alt.computer.security)