Re: Belkin not-real-firewall?

burnedtechie@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Now, I said it completely stealths me. I did just find one online test
that shows my port 113 and 80 as being CLOSED, not stealthed. Should I
go in and take care of these?

No. "Stealthing" is nonsense anyways.

At first there was the word. And the word was Content-type: text/plain

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to Stealth POP3 Port 110 using NIS2000?
    ... >> how a stealthed port protects your privacy, 'cause I really don't get it. ... > I can't answer that as I am no expert on firewalls. ... The only thing you risk when not stealthing port 110 is for people to find ...
  • Re: How to Stealth POP3 Port 110 using NIS2000?
    ... |> to a port where you have no listening service, ... get across is that 'stealthing' is actually a lost cause -- especially ... response) effectively tells a bad guy that there IS someone at that IP ... no response (to a TCP probe) is going to generate _another_ TCP ...
  • Re: port 80 is open
    ... > he doesn't get the ICMP response from router that would be received if your ... Stealthing can sometimes slow down scans, ... > there's nothing at that port that can be accessed. ... eg IDENT requests when connecting to certain services (some FTP ...
  • Re: Strange Pattern Resulting from SQLsnake Probes
    ... netbios computer name than in stealthing my computer, ... networking wide open] to another computer that has Zone Alarm installed. ... that Win2K IPsec doesn't give you. ... > I run regular full port scans from outside for all of my clients' networks ...
  • Re: Stealth Port 113?
    ... |If you nothing running on port 113, then you are no more at risk with it ... If you have somehting running on port 113, ... response verses a CLOSED would be to discourage an ... would be immune from both attacks & so stealthing would ...