Re: ConSeal flipping NICs

"Triffid" <triffid@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Ae2Uf.5537$ji6.313006@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It would help if we knew what "rebuilding" means in this context

Thanx for the reply.

Moving same OS and programs to different MB, HDD and NICs. Old AT system's
been running near continuous 24/7 for 6 years and HDD's getting noisy.

order in which devices are enumerated on the PCI bus, in which case some

This seems unlikely, as ISA NICs were not uncommon when old system was
built. 'Twould be a very dumb algorithm for discerning which NIC was
internal.

Pisser there's 1 ruleset for 2 NICs, and that it's not editable in text
form. If there were a separate ruleset for each NIC 'twould be no problem.

juggling of NICs vs PCI slots is likely to resolve it.

The NIC for the external network is on the MB, the one for the internal
network is a gigabit PCI card. Won't the MB NIC always have a lower I/O
address than a PCI card?

Hard to believe this limitation would be built in to such a fine FW. There
must be a way around it.

  • Re: All-in-one box
    ... >> Use a hub? ... I was searching for a multiport ... > kind of a switch on a PCI card, ... NICs. ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Re: The ultimate TOE design
    ... sure, one could create a PCI card that takes a power-connector, but that ... TSO works on LAN-like environments, it doesn't ... i believe that there are better alternatives than TSO, but it involves NICs ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Recommended GB NIC
    ... to upgrade the NICs to GB. ... Which GB PCI card would you ... recommend to work with Sarge running Linux 2.6.8-2? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: disabling ethernet loopback device completely
    ... > NICs on a PCI card. ... running Solaris on Suns I don't think I've ever seen the ... OpenTrend Solutions: Reliable, secure solutions to real world problems. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: ConSeal flipping NICs
    ... Moving same OS and programs to different MB, HDD and NICs. ... network is a gigabit PCI card. ... Hence when the o/s detected both NICs, it chose the gigabit NIC as the first and the one on the mobo second. ... Then install the gigabit NIC and it will become the second NIC. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)