Re: I am sick of windows firewall

V S Rawat wrote:

The official way still is Start, Settings, Control Panel,
Administrative Tools,

In my system, the above is appearing, the following are not
there in it.

Computer Configuration, Local Security Policy

Though I could reach there by Run-gpedit.exe as suggested b
Spack. How to bring that to Start Menu?

Right-click on your taskbar, Properties, Start Menu, Customize,
[X] Display Administrative Tools

I still wonder because I think this is checked by default.

One might also simply start MMC and add the snapin "Group
Policy Object Editor" manually, in terms of creating a
collection of the most relevant snapins.

How to start MMC?

Start, run, "mmc"

  • Re: I am sick of windows firewall
    ... Spack. ... Display Administrative Tools ... Local Security Policy ... How to start MMC? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Administrative Tools Gone
    ... In the Control Panel just right-click Administrative Tools and select explore then put shortcuts to those in the folder. ... You can create your own MMC Console if you want to replace the preconfigured MMC or you can add other items to the the MMC. ... Also, even though you are the Admin, make sure you haven't denied yourself access to the items or the folder in a GPO, probably not since you can't use the tools from the My Computer shortcut but who knows for sure. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade)
  • Re: File Server Resource Manager question
    ... Then it should add the mmc to the Administrative tools. ... If not added, open Server manager, go to features and add the RSAT/FSRM tools. ... Server Resource Manager to show up in the MMC for Windows 2008?? ...
  • URGENT - how do I access my user name if I have forgotten it
    ... after you change or reset it, ... to administrative tools --> computer mangmt. ... in the mmc ...