Re: Kids bypassing firewall via web proxy sites

Don Kelloway wrote:
"Sebastian Gottschalk" <seppi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Don Kelloway wrote:

Example: If I attempt to display the URL you offer as an example in my
configuration of IE. Guess what happens? Absolutely nothing. In fact all
receive is 'Your current security settings do not allow this file to be
downloaded" message. Now why do you think that is?
IE's inability to understand what Content-Type: application/xhtml+xml
means (hint: it's the correct MIME type for XHTML) without any manual
configuration. Obviously you can't even do simplest necessary MIME
configuration.

I think my being facetious escaped you. The browser's inability to display
the content is/was intentional on my part as I configured the browser not to
do so. In other words, using IE and visiting the URL provided did nothing
harmful to my system because my browsers configuration prevents downloads.

THERE IS NO DOWNLOAD!

This is a standard HTML webpage delivered with the correct MIME type.
IE would display it as the webpage it is if either you added the MIME
the additional MIME type or if the webserver would deliver is as
text/html (which is also correct, but deprecated).
.