Re: Kids bypassing firewall via web proxy sites

Don Kelloway wrote:

It's always been my opinion that the best Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
implements both a quality technical solution and an appropriate
educational/training program.

For the technical side of the approach I make it a point to ensure my
clients understand that while it is true the issue of objectionable surfing
cannot be stopped 100%, the real goal is to make it practically impossible
for the casual offender and to deter/hinder the more serious offenders from
even trying.

This contradicts the quality of your technical solution. Such an
implementation is usually almost infeasable in terms of resources.

Of course reviewing the appropriate Internet related log files
and looking for trends will often provide the necessary insight that can
lead to closing the door to anything questionable that remains.

Or not, as in most cases you simply cannot.
.