Re: NCAA March Madness

"Somebody." <somebody.@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:X_GSf.14854$43.6456@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!nnrp1.uunet.ca...

"Owl Jolsen" <owljolsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:20060317201847.11756.qmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

March madness is upon us, and a few outlets worldwide are providing
live
video feeds over the internet, both free and paid. There are already
articles
in the newswires about how the feeds are going to slow down corporate
networks
all over the place, and they are right.
It is the paid services, though, that are going to be the BANE of
network
admins. The paid services uses digital rights managment (DRM) to secure
the

<snip>

This is going to be the MONTH FROM HELL for admins in the USA, where
DRM
is protected by the DMCA, as users tune into the NCAA basketball
tournament,
and there is NO WAY that employers can monitor or stop it, without
breaking
the law.

<snip>

BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

He's back! Have we recovered from our worst nightmare during figure
skating
yet?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

-Russ.

Well, I dont have the post from the OP, since
NewsProxy filters out anything from nym.alias.net
on my network.

  • Re: USA wins cables 3rd quarter in primetime, Disney wins total day
    ... USA Network tops in quarter as many cablers slip ... eight of the top 10 networks were down in the demo. ... major cable channels over the last few years. ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: Internet Dongle
    ... strange, unexplained reason: ... the supplied dongle, which changes from month to month as networks ...
    (uk.telecom.mobile)
  • Re: Samba vs NFS
    ... > between networks, without a NAT helper or some sort of tricks that emulate a ... > samba proxy. ... AFAIK this is not true. ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: Adding a backup DC to an SBS system
    ... On SBS2003 networks, users can log in to their workstations using cached ... of them won't even notice the SBS server is down - that is, ... In most situations, if the SBS goes down, the users can't access the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Running program files on XP with non-executable extension?
    ... >> God forbid. ... > Funny, how many networks have you designed and maintain that have NEVER ...
    (alt.computer.security)