Re: VOLKER--Re: Kids bypassing firewall via web proxy sites

In article <Xns9789CAA1EF6Cjuergennieveler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Juergen Nieveler <juergen.nieveler.nospam@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

No Spam <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think you need to look at the mass mail software available today.
Some of them even come with software to find out open relays.

No doubt about that. But still I receive spam mails that contain no
body, or are full of variables instead of the spam terms that should
have been filled in.

Those are "tests" that spammers run.

Besides, "good" spamming software costs money (just like good lists of
email adresses) - and a lot of spammers simply substitute quality with
quantity to save that money.

Do not assume anything.
No spammer, mass spammer, not a causal "Hey look at my new dating site
webmaster promoting his site" would send mass mail manually, and without
professional software.
Most of them are too clueless to manually do that.

  • Email Virus Incoming/Outgoing
    ... Read Below to understand more on spam mails. ... Q. What are the dangers of responding to spammed e-mail ... One of the spammers' nasty tricks is to get you ... Bulletin Boards and Newsgroups? ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Office v.X entourage spam
    ... Spammers cannot set a category for their e-mails. ... and they are not part of the e-mail message per se. ... either a rule that applies your "Friends" category to these spam mails, ... address and categorised it as "Friends", ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: Fedup with SPAM
    ... Cant we request Google to take some action against the spam mails and ... spammers. ... They do NOT care at ALL. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: One Last Note
    ... whoever wants to hit me with a cluebat for replying can - ... Spammers almost always abuse open relays, and in abusing open relays, ... "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Spam sent through server using authid=apache or mysql
    ... may bring light to a problem I am having recently with spammers. ... confirmed that there are no open relays. ... user directories for old formmail programs and disabled any that I ...
    (Focus-Linux)