Re: VOLKER--Re: Kids bypassing firewall via web proxy sites

In article <Xns9787CCE5CDBC2juergennieveler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Juergen Nieveler <juergen.nieveler.nospam@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Leythos <void@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Think again VB, email wont send to spam@xxxxxxxxx, so it can't be
abused.

Yes. That's exactly what he wrote.

A spam with From:president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and To:void@xxxxxxxxxxx gets
sent via an open relay (or a Zombie, or whatever). The mailer daemon
tries to look up the MX for nowhere.lan, cannot find it, and sends an
error message to the From-address.

Do you get it now? By using a nonexistent adress you increase the
number of bounces that the owner of the faked From receives.

So are you suggesting that we should use valid email addresses and
endure the spam and the abuse just because someone else is too stupid to
setup filtering for his guess-able and forgeable email address?

You have to be kidding.

I have seen lots of lame arguments before, but this one takes the prize.

  • Re: Latest kitten rescued.
    ... But you do have to give a valid email, ... I get so much SPAM now ... Thank you for getting this rescue kitten into a shelter. ... cat, if you wish. ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: Dont feed Troll Nuxx
    ... That would require that Nuxxy used a valid email address. ... usenet, and no aspersions should be cast on those that don't. ... out of all my email accounts the old demon account ... collects the most spam, it collects around 20 spam emails per week. ...
    (uk.rec.cycling)
  • Re: What does mean? "$@" -Wp,"$gccflag$tmpdepfile"
    ... >> Putting your real email address does not cause you to be ... Most people find themselves swqmped by spam ... been posting under a valid email address for a few months now except for ... > The Usenet is a public forum, ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Junk and defeating spammers.
    ... Who knows why they feel like using valid email ... > addresses when sending spam though. ... Winter Summer Spring ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)