Re: Kids bypassing firewall via web proxy sites

"Leythos" <void@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
In article <1142391575.091844.54990@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
jbraly@xxxxxxxxx says...
I went in and built a clean machine,
secured it, disabled the floppy, CD, USB, ports and then passworded the
BIOS... Next I made a ghost bootable CD Image of the machine that would
auto restore if booted from.... Restored the image to all machines and
what do you know, everything working again (replaced the ball mice with
optical), and if something went wrong, all she had to do was enable the
CD and reboot the machine...
spam999free@xxxxxxxxxx
remove 999 in order to email me

Well done! I did almost the same for the 2 pc's in my wife's classroom as
well ... then had the school's resident "pc expert" ask me how I did it and
if I could do it for the rest of the school! After quoting him on the job
(yes, he epxected me to do it for free) he decided he'd try and set them up
himself. Last I heard, he was still trying.

Wayne McGlinn
Brisbane, Oz

  • Not the answer: Re: No USB in device manager
    ... at all via software that the USB ports exist. ... In BIOS: ... >> them to the attention of the device manager. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.hardware)
  • Re: USB ports dont work
    ... Consistently, the USB mouse, ... I'm beginning to wonder if this could be BIOS related? ... Three ports per USB 1.1 controller. ... would lead to a successful enumeration. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: No USB in device manager
    ... at all in the software that the USB ports exist. ... In BIOS: ... >> them to the attention of the device manager. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.hardware)
  • Re: Flashing a bios
    ... The symtom with the 5 card USB is that two ports are working ok but I can't get Windows to recognise anything else plugged in such as an MPEG player or external HD ... The idea of flashing the bios came from an article where it said the power supply to the PCI slot may need to be changed in the bios to power all these extra peripherals. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: USB 2 and USB 1
    ... Yes, some mobo had a limited number of USB ports, a decade ... but the default BIOS does not turn it on. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)