Re: VOLKER--Re: Kids bypassing firewall via web proxy sites

In article <4416700e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Volker Birk <bumens@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Casey <casey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
1. Seeking help for one of my problems.
After typing but before sending the post, I ask myself
"have I provided enough information so someone can help me".
If I provided enough information, I would hit send.
or
2. Trying to help someone with their problem.
After typing a response and before sending, I ask myself
"have I really helped this person with a problem".
If I really helped, then I would hit send.
Volker, WHY DON'T YOU ASK YOURSELF THESE QUESTIONS BEFORE
YOU HIT SEND?

Because newsgroups are for spreading news

Incorrect.

and for discussion.

Correct.

They're for education

Correct.

and entertainment.

Incorrect.

They're not "my free of cost support
system".

That's one of the reasons usenet survived against the lame web forums
(other than exchanging binaries), the free support that you find from
unselfish people that are willing to help and not expect anything in
return.

Unlike you, there others out there willing to help.

Many people misunderstand.

You are the proof of that theory.
You seem to be confused about what is usenet.

Before you give lectures to others of what is usenet, I suggest that you
understand if first.
.