Re: VOLKER--Re: Kids bypassing firewall via web proxy sites

In article <4416700e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Volker Birk <bumens@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Casey <casey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
1. Seeking help for one of my problems.
After typing but before sending the post, I ask myself
"have I provided enough information so someone can help me".
If I provided enough information, I would hit send.
or
2. Trying to help someone with their problem.
After typing a response and before sending, I ask myself
"have I really helped this person with a problem".
If I really helped, then I would hit send.
Volker, WHY DON'T YOU ASK YOURSELF THESE QUESTIONS BEFORE
YOU HIT SEND?

Because newsgroups are for spreading news

Incorrect.

and for discussion.

Correct.

They're for education

Correct.

and entertainment.

Incorrect.

They're not "my free of cost support
system".

That's one of the reasons usenet survived against the lame web forums
(other than exchanging binaries), the free support that you find from
unselfish people that are willing to help and not expect anything in
return.

Unlike you, there others out there willing to help.

Many people misunderstand.

You are the proof of that theory.
You seem to be confused about what is usenet.

Before you give lectures to others of what is usenet, I suggest that you
understand if first.

  • Re: VOLKER--Re: Kids bypassing firewall via web proxy sites
    ... Volker Birk wrote: ... I would hit send. ... After typing a response and before sending, ... They're not "my free of cost support ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Behind the Times? (was Re: Conventions)
    ... >> the home keys and nearly straight down onto the other keys. ... >> thumb that hits it. ... To hit the spacebar, or anything, with the ... Typing with bent wrists is really hard on the tendons. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: Delete more than one letter
    ... It sounds like you have "Typing replaces selected text" or "Typing replaces selection" turned off. ... > work or sentence, or paragraph, and hit delete nothing happens. ... I could just highlight and hit the delete key and> be ...
  • Re: ODE -- The Other Desktop Environment
    ... And I am as much a computer expert as anyone. ... The first is simply "typing without looking at the keyboard", ... putting your fingers on the home ... row and using the ''correct'' fingers to hit the keys (e.g., ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... completely irrelevant to the issue of emacs when discussing emacs. ... Ah, yes, because touch typing isn't at all a recognized technique. ... Make up your mind. ... for some cases where your destination is NOT hit) then either the ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)