Re: Kids bypassing firewall via web proxy sites

E. <bellyup@xxxxxxx> wrote:
If you think effective content filtering is impossible why don't you try it?

Why trying something which is impossible already in theory, and I'm
seeing everyday the problems this stuff has?

Look, of course content filtering helps to keep the normal user in control.
It keeps her/him in control until she/he finds out how to circumvent. And
the message about this method then immediately spreads.

A user who knows what she/he's doing, you never will control with such
means.

It's just like with detecting tunneling. You can try it and you may have
success. And, of course, you may not. It's just not secure.

Yours,
VB.
--
At first there was the word. And the word was Content-type: text/plain

  • Re: Validating ComboBox Entries
    ... you are filtering out expired contracts. ... The Combo Control defualts to a RowSource of: ... The employee can work on the project up to and including the ... from the list display, since it has passed its expiry date. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Help with finding hardware firewall that acts like software firewall
    ... level but do not truly control things as per specific program executable. ... They are basically filtering the application data within the packets. ... protection provided by some of the personal firewalls, ... > responsible for using a specific port or ports. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: New to the group
    ... Hopefully you have a newsreader with filtering capabilities:) ... ineffectually trying to control post content. ... "I really think cigar smoking does make you smarter." ...
    (alt.smokers.cigars)
  • Re: Licensing problem...
    ... and grant Everyone Full Control to: ... This will allow Remote Desktop to run as a normal user under Vista. ... The MSLicensing is where the Per Device license is stored on the workstation. ...
  • RE: Filter Query by Year on a form
    ... This can and should all be done from the form without any filtering for years ... If the user enters a year in the from year control and nothing in the to ... I want to be able to set up my report queries to have the option to filter by ... The report query will look at the form and see if the ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)