Re: Need hardware firewall with traffic management and reports?

"Jason" <jasonjm2005@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
any recommendations please?

need to buy lots of these to handle bonded T1 and fiber setups....

It needs to be a hardware device (preferably rack mounted), and it needs
to be able to do the following:

1) show heaviest users by IP, and what ports they are using, how much data
(basically live reports)

2) must be able to traffic shape, prioritize types of traffic etc etc

3) be installed in a "passive" setup, or be installed to do Nat, one to
one Nat, etc etc

I have searcehd google endlessly and not having much luck.....

any ideas or hints for me please? thanks

http://www.checkpoint.com/products/choice/platforms/secureplatform_basic.html

Wayne McGlinn
Brisbane, Oz

  • Re: Need hardware firewall with traffic management and reports?
    ... need to buy lots of these to handle bonded T1 and fiber setups.... ... It needs to be a hardware device, ... must be able to traffic shape, prioritize types of traffic etc etc ... be installed in a "passive" setup, or be installed to do Nat, one to ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Need hardware firewall with traffic management and reports?
    ... need to buy lots of these to handle bonded T1 and fiber setups.... ... It needs to be a hardware device, ... must be able to traffic shape, prioritize types of traffic etc etc ... Nat, etc etc ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Cisco 2600 ADSL with failover to Ethernet with NAT
    ... The Fiber usage is expensive, so for client usage I was looking at ... The system will NAT ... interface ATM0/0.1 point-to-point ... ip nat inside source route-map Fiber interface Ethernet0/0 overload ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Cisco 2600 ADSL with failover to Ethernet with NAT
    ... The Fiber usage is expensive, so for client usage I was looking at ... using our ADSL as a base, but failover to the Fiber if the DSL ... The system will NAT ... I then do a “no shutdown” on Dialer1 and the whole ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: nat router a firewall?
    ... > A router is a hardware device for routing, ... NAT, is also nothing to do with security, ... > on what kinda router you're after. ...
    (alt.computer.security)