VOLKER--Re: Kids bypassing firewall via web proxy sites

few thousand anonymous proxy sites.

How credible!

SCNR,
VB.

Volker...
I seldom post to newsgroups anymore. My system is up and
running well. Back when I did make a lot of posts, It was
for one of two possible reasons.
1. Seeking help for one of my problems.
After typing but before sending the post, I ask myself
"have I provided enough information so someone can help me".
If I provided enough information, I would hit send.
or
2. Trying to help someone with their problem.
After typing a response and before sending, I ask myself
"have I really helped this person with a problem".
If I really helped, then I would hit send.

Volker, WHY DON'T YOU ASK YOURSELF THESE QUESTIONS BEFORE
YOU HIT SEND?

  • Re: Behind the Times? (was Re: Conventions)
    ... >> the home keys and nearly straight down onto the other keys. ... >> thumb that hits it. ... To hit the spacebar, or anything, with the ... Typing with bent wrists is really hard on the tendons. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: Delete more than one letter
    ... It sounds like you have "Typing replaces selected text" or "Typing replaces selection" turned off. ... > work or sentence, or paragraph, and hit delete nothing happens. ... I could just highlight and hit the delete key and> be ...
  • Re: ODE -- The Other Desktop Environment
    ... And I am as much a computer expert as anyone. ... The first is simply "typing without looking at the keyboard", ... putting your fingers on the home ... row and using the ''correct'' fingers to hit the keys (e.g., ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... completely irrelevant to the issue of emacs when discussing emacs. ... Ah, yes, because touch typing isn't at all a recognized technique. ... Make up your mind. ... for some cases where your destination is NOT hit) then either the ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Posting hints
    ... in improving the quality of their posts to newsgroups: ... of quoted text and the start of what you are typing. ... The Google Groups web interface for newsgroups, which you are using, ... then hit return again to get a new line where you can start typing. ...
    (soc.religion.quaker)