Re: Kids bypassing firewall via web proxy sites

Sebastian Gottschalk wrote:

E. wrote:

I'm curious as to why kids are *allowed* to change proxy settings in the
first place.
Remove computer priviliges for anyone caught.

Dude, you can always bypass proxy settings. Just enter
http://theproxy.invalid/http://www.thesiteiwantotovisit.com in the
address bar and there you go!

One of the blocks in place is of proxying sites and proxying behaviour. It's not bulletproof and would require maintenance and updates, as do all things.
Attempting to access a proxied site sets off a warning, which should be followed up with a "please explain".

All that's really needed is a pill to cure the "we don;t need to monitor anything we've got a firewall" attitude and the world would be a huge hugfest. ;->
Cheers,
E.
.