Re: 10mbit fiber to home; NAT router can't fill pipe

"C Kim" <cameron.kim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Though the fortigate are decent boxes, their cost is probably going to
put you out of the ball park.

I think a good bet would be to take a look at smoothwall or astaro.
These are simple linux install on an old pc (think boot cd, simple
graphic config, manage by http). They should be able to handle the
throughput.

A FG to suit the need would be sub-$1000, which may well be out of some
folks ballpark.

  • Re: 10mbit fiber to home; NAT router cant fill pipe
    ... put you out of the ball park. ... I think a good bet would be to take a look at smoothwall or astaro. ... You d/l an ISO file and burn it into a bootable CD. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Firewall
    ... Astaro requires two NICS. ... Ancient only because it's an old Compaq... ... used it for about four years with Smoothwall 0.9.6 and it worked very well ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: Astaro
    ... It is a profesional friewall, VPN solution, with the service required for businesses ... > I see a lot of talk here and there about Smoothwall and IPCop. ... > don't see anything about Astaro Security Linux. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Alternatives to Smoothwall
    ... I've used astaro in the past and its not a bad product, ... superior to smoothwall or any of its derivatives. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)