Re: zonelabs blocking internet access even when uninstalled!

On 6 Mar 2006 00:31:54 -0800, zapzapzapzap64@xxxxxxxxxxx put finger to
keyboard and composed:

However, I later got the 'internet access denied' message again, so
this time I uninstalled zonelabs, renamed the internet log files etc,
and carried on with the windows firewall. This seemed to work, but when
I booted up my machine this morning I got the 'zonelabs denied internet
access' message in my browser AGAIN, even though zonelabs is no longer
installed !!

I don't know about Win XP, but in Win98SE ZoneAlarm loads vsdata95.vxd
which can interfere with Internet access even if ZA has been prevented
from launching at boot time.

See this post for a description of the problem:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion/msg/c15df50f28889d24?dmode=source&hl=en

- Franc Zabkar

  • SP2 Nach Installation kein Interntezugang mehr möglich!
    ... ich kann nach dem SP2-Update nicht mehr ins Internet, ... obwohl ich Zonelabs und Antivir, ... Krams - verwende. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.sonstiges)
  • RE: Group Policy - Restrict Internet Access by OU?
    ... you could not find ISA on SBS 2003, you can use SBS premium technology disk ... to install ISA server. ... restrict internet access on special user group. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: ISA 2004 - Internet Access without using Firewall Client
    ... you can not install ISA firewall client on mobile laptops but meanwhile ... we can make the laptops to access Internet without ... ISA server on SBS only allows domain user access Internet. ... How to configure Internet access in Windows Small Business Server 2003 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS ISA2004 allows all users internet access, why?
    ... > Did you try making a new rule in ISA 2004 after the upgrade? ... > changes the users that I put in that group could not access the Internet. ... >>> internet access what difference does it make whether All User or SBS ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS ISA2004 allows all users internet access, why?
    ... allowed in the SBS Internet Access Rule in ISA2004? ... >> internet access what difference does it make whether All User or SBS ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)