Re: Firewall for Laptop

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 10:20:14 +0100, Sebastian Gottschalk wrote in
message <47aaafFek7tvU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Any suggestions of a nice, compact yet comprehensive
firewall ideal for a laptop user?

Single-User or not Windows XP: Win-IPFW (http://wipfw.sourceforge.net)

Works for Windows 2000 and later.

http://wipfw.sourceforge.net/faq.html

  • Re: Firewall for Laptop
    ... firewall ideal for a laptop user? ... Single-User or not Windows XP: Win-IPFW ... Works for Windows 2000 and later. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Backup program for OpenSuse 11.3
    ... for a GNU/Linux distro that looks and acts like Windows. ... was developed as the successor to the successor to a single-user ... certified free software, given Debian's affinity with the Free Software ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: PCLinuxOS .93 Big Daddy? A Piece Of Shit!!!!!
    ... over Windows 95, 98, SE, ME, NT and XP etc. are still single-user ... Are'nt you comparing all these said asses with a tried and test ... If this is incorrect, I'd be intregued to know how more than one user can ... use a windows box simultaneously. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: PCLinuxOS .93 Big Daddy? A Piece Of Shit!!!!!
    ... over Windows 95, 98, SE, ME, NT and XP etc. are still single-user ... windows NT and up are only multi-user accounts but only one at a time. ... Windowscertainly in not multiuser. ... If this is incorrect, I'd be intregued to know how more than one user can ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Firewall for Laptop
    ... ZoneAlarm is no firewall, it's a pretty lousy host-based packet filter. ... firewall ideal for a laptop user? ... Single-User or not Windows XP: Win-IPFW ... Windows XP: Windows Firewall ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)