removal of ZA makes spampal work

A few days ago, I had installed spampal but it never marked any
mail as spam for my TB. And my inter-software traffic between my
PC was very slow. I have written about these in several threads.

Going by the suggestions of various members of this ng, today I
gathered courage and stopped ZA 6.1 free version (not
uninstalled, just exit-ed it, and asked not to load at startup.)

Then, I put the charge in the hands of xp windows firewall.

And, when I booted the computer, spampal is working in full
swing and the speed of pc has also returned its old good self.

I am quite satisfied.

Hope some other members could also give it a try and see whether
their problems get reduced.

I was using ZA 4.5 free version for some years, this 6.1 I had
downloaded and installed just a fortnight ago, and it was
causing all sorts of problems.

This closes all my threads. Thanks for your patience and right
directions you all had provided.

While we are at it, how do we get windows firewall icon in the
systray for quick inclusion/exclusion of programs.

For that matter, windows firewall seems to already include the
program for access without giving me any alert at all, ever
since I started using it.

  • Re: firewall behind router
    ... >>Steve, thanks for the reply. ... >>My only concern is unsolicited access to the lan from unscrupulous ... If the other family members are as knowledgeable ... >I run Windows Firewall on all of my family's XP computers. ...
  • Re: firewall behind router
    ... >>My only concern is unsolicited access to the lan from unscrupulous ... >>security as a firewall negating the need for the XP firewall. ... If the other family members are as knowledgeable ... >I run Windows Firewall on all of my family's XP computers. ...
  • Re: Internet Security Problems - I dont know how to fix
    ... amounts of spam. ... Could this be caused by some kind of malware on my computer? ... We need to have a look at the Windows Firewall, ... Looking at the General tab, ...
  • Re: Use avast free antivirus for your PC & save Money
    ... Give it a try at http://www.avast.com/get/ZC7jnWuS #avast ... John Kuthe... ... selvam has posted his message in many newsgroups, as in SPAM. ... MSE and Windows Firewall seem to do a good job. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: about the wireless internet
    ... Someone who breaks into the computer can later use it to send out spam and do other nasty things. ... This is a little annoying, but much better than the Windows firewall, which only prevents traffic from coming in, but doesn't do a thing to prevent unwanted traffic out. ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)