Re: MS VPN through SonicWall TZ-170...

"Mike" <mikey117@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:U7gyf.13193$SD1.2648@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Mike" <mikey117@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Vb8yf.11966$SD1.4632@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I need to allow a vendor to make a VPN connection to a server on our
network. We have a SonicWall TZ-170 with the VPN option, but the vendor
can't install the SonicWall VPN client on their computer.
How can I set this up using the MS VPN client?

I would assume you would use IPsec that's on the Win2K and up O/S(s)
(host) the server and (client) the user machine -machine to machine or
software to software VPN connection.

Duane :)

Any particular ports I mi9ght want to open, etc?
I tried 1723, but couldn't make the connection...

It sounds like what you want to do is to allow a VPN 'through' the SonicWALL
'to' a server located on the private (protected) side. And by reference to
port 1723 which is used by MS PPTP, I am almost certain that is what you
want to do. If so then you'll need to ensure that you've defined the
Firewall policy to allow PPTP (TCP port 1723) inbound from the 'net to the
PPTP server and you should be good to go.

--
Best regards, from Don Kelloway of Commodon Communications
Visit http://www.commodon.com to learn about the "Threats to Your Security

  • Re: Switching IP address ranges
    ... ISA Server performs deep inspection of Internet ... inspection of all VPN traffic. ... Forth just because SBS is cheap it does not mean is bad. ... I used to believe on solid state firewalls (which SonicWall is not) but they ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Connecting to SBS Domain from Windows Login with SonicWall VPN
    ... Unless I can specify the Windows VPN client to run on a different port on the ... (the SonicWall can redirect it to the standard port on the SBS ... The VPN connection works over my Vodafone 3G ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Installing new SBS 03 server. Will that be 1 Nic or 2 ?
    ... I use VPN because I need two-factor authentication. ... I guess technically 2 NICs would be more secure, but hopefully the SonicWall ... and when the server was about 6 weeks old a drive failed. ... and points regarding method of connectivity. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Installing new SBS 03 server. Will that be 1 Nic or 2 ?
    ... I use VPN because I need two-factor authentication. ... I guess technically 2 NICs would be more secure, but hopefully the SonicWall ... and when the server was about 6 weeks old a drive failed. ... and points regarding method of connectivity. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: MS VPN through SonicWall TZ-170...
    ... can't install the SonicWall VPN client on their computer. ... How can I set this up using the MS VPN client? ... PPTP server and you should be good to go. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)