Re: zonelabs blocking internet access even when uninstalled!

<zapzapzapzap64@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
hmm... well I think I've got to the bottom of the hard drive problem,
but I'm still perplexed as to why zone alarm should suddenly stop
working like that. I've used it for years on a variety of os and have
always found it really reliable...

I've removed it from a variety of PCs and have always found it to be useless for
home users who do not have the faintest clue what it does or even why they
installed it.

and I can't see why after a new
windows installation it can cause so many problems.

But no doubt you are still going to use it and spread the message to others.

Like I say, the
older version ran fine when I installed it, but when it updated to the
latest version I just got 'system error please rebbot' in the zone
alarm control panel. I did install MS office in between installing the
old zone alarm and zone alarm updating itself, so maybe the conflict
was there... but after unintstalling both I just need to get rid of any
zone alarm remnants. I followed zone alarms instructions for doing so,
but all of the folders etc it mentioned appeared to have uninstalled
okay.

oh, and a little less sarcasm would be appreciated ;)

It's sometimes difficult for people, who often have to repair PCs which were
destroyed by their users, to remain calm when reading about someone who
destroyed his OEM OS installation by installing unnecessary software.

It sounds to me like you believe that no PC should be used without zonealarm, so
I will repeat that you should find someone who knows what they're doing.

Next time please install a virus scanner first
example
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5
and forget about firewall software.

Jason

  • Re: Word has stopped working.....
    ... I'll admit that I have been bothered by Zone Alarm too and every year I say ... "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote: ... the installation went to a certain point where it ... I got a couple of surprises with the uninstall, ...
  • Re: XP reboots just before login screen
    ... got the same problem,i also had norton and zone alarm running i read that norton live update downloaded a corrupt file and zone alarm has some bugs ... > hardware problem because the second XP installation is working alright. ... >>> Dumping physical memory to disk: ...
  • Re: zone alarm and OE
    ... On restarting my machine to complete the installation, Zone Alarm seemed OK ... update installed and ZA working (had to manually uninstall zonealarm 5.5). ... Photoshop and adjust my audio track in Adobe Audition. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: XP2 Firewall
    ... many agree to and accept the installation of spyware ... Then the firewall outbound catches it doing what it does and you now ... >>> I have Zone Alarm firewall, and now the WIN XP2 firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Ive got problems, computer and medical insurance, can anyone help?
    ... after completing its weekly virus ... Yesterday, I installed TurboTax, and turned off Zone Alarm before I ... online during the installation until it got to the part where it just ... I consider a firewall an absolute essential for computer security. ...
    (soc.retirement)