Re: zonelabs blocking internet access even when uninstalled!

I already use AVG... and I'd guess you'd be in the minority thinking
that I should forget about firewall software... you may be right, but
I'm sticking to the majority view on this one - that is what most
novices have to do, after all. I've heard far, far more positive things
said about zone alarm than negative.

  • Re: Recurrent question
    ... First it's a virus then it's a trojan:) The AVG database said: ... This works with any browser. ... > So AVG caught it twice and Outpost caught it twice. ... > allowed through the firewall, rather than an actual firewall exploit. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: McAfee and Comcast
    ... I eventually uninstalled McAfee and went with AVG anti-virus and Comodo firewall. ... I will say that McAfee antivirus was faster at scanning files downloaded through IE than is AVG but I only do downloads occasionally. ... I tried Avira's AV program but grew hostile of its bannerware during updates that interfere with other running programs. ... Doesn't sound like often enough but that depends on how active you are in downloading files from unknown or untrusted sources, leaving ActiveX enabled in your browser, or other unsafe Net practices. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Recurrent question
    ... First it's a virus then it's a trojan:) The AVG database said: ... This works with any browser. ... > So AVG caught it twice and Outpost caught it twice. ... > allowed through the firewall, rather than an actual firewall exploit. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Recurrent question
    ... 1st catch to AVG. ... This works with any browser. ... >> So AVG caught it twice and Outpost caught it twice. ... I had to change my firewall rules twice before Breakout/IE ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Just when you think youd seen it all.....
    ... > install an array of other protection (firewall, AV software, anti- ... of surface cleaner out and wash off the mouse and keyboard before ... AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition and Spybot Search & Destroy. ... I ran Ad-Aware next. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)