Re: zonelabs blocking internet access even when uninstalled!

<zapzapzapzap64@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I already use AVG... and I'd guess you'd be in the minority thinking
that I should forget about firewall software... you may be right, but
I'm sticking to the majority view on this one - that is what most
novices have to do, after all. I've heard far, far more positive things
said about zone alarm than negative.

I have too.
Mostly from people who don't know what zonealarm does or why they installed it.

I've met many people who tell me that zonealarm is essential but cannot begin to
give a correct explanation of what it does or how to configure it.
These people do not need anything more than the Windows firewall and a virus
scanner if they are using XP SP2.

Jason

  • Re: Black,Blue,andBlack again
    ... then me rebooting more times than I can count. ... seriously and have always used ZoneAlarm, ... This way in the past we have been able to stop our computers from being ... We have now tried using another firewall software called Sygate Personal ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Constant Hacking Attemps - Pacific Bell DSL customer
    ... I use ZoneAlarm Pro as a for Firewall ... Some ISPs do offer minute security. ... ports from the same originating IP, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Continuous hard disk activity - Please help...getting crazy!
    ... I use AVG and ZoneAlarm too..;>)) ... remove MacAfee, disable XP's firewall. ... Do I have to clean the registry after that? ... Do you think Messenger could be responsible for that? ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] PC Firewall Choices
    ... ZoneAlarm - gets in the way, ... > I am looking at supplementing the Windows XP SP2 Firewall with a third ... > party product on a bunch of Windows machines. ... > ZoneAlarm, Sygate, Norton, Kerio, and Tiny. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Comptuer Virus Help
    ... viruses were detected, I downloaded AVG Anti-Virus, and Microsoft ... ZoneAlarm isn't the best choice in firewall, ... www.privacyoffshore.net (No Logs Internet Surfing) ...
    (alt.computer.security)