Re: zonelabs blocking internet access even when uninstalled!

<zapzapzapzap64@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I already use AVG... and I'd guess you'd be in the minority thinking
that I should forget about firewall software... you may be right, but
I'm sticking to the majority view on this one - that is what most
novices have to do, after all. I've heard far, far more positive things
said about zone alarm than negative.

I have too.
Mostly from people who don't know what zonealarm does or why they installed it.

I've met many people who tell me that zonealarm is essential but cannot begin to
give a correct explanation of what it does or how to configure it.
These people do not need anything more than the Windows firewall and a virus
scanner if they are using XP SP2.

Jason

.