Re: Most Popular Hardware Firewalls?

Leythos wrote:
In article <46ktb3FbofbkU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, seppi@xxxxxxxxx says...
Leythos wrote:
In article <4404e582@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, bumens@xxxxxxxxxxx says...
snertking <snertking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You can filter tunneling on a good firewall.
No. This is impossible, already in theory.
Many firewalls see the difference between HTTP over port 80 and non-HTTP
traffic over port 80 (or any other port/service).
What part of "tunneling" didn't you understand?

What part of Tunneling don't you understand - it can't reach the
destination if it's not permitted.

So you want to deny access to Google?
And what about DNS?

  • Re: Tunnelling?
    ... There are several ways to tunnel port 2000 depending on how strict ... "tunneling" to avoid detection of your ... activities or to bypass firewall rules is a serious offense. ... Try Webroot's Spy Sweeper Enterprisefor 30 days for FREE with no ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Rogue PHP file
    ... Leythos is right, ... It is also unclear of mail.attachmentsales.com *should* be listening on port 80. ... And again, I'll stress, if this is something you are going to be doing as a business, you *need* to be better prepareed to handle these types of requests. ... As for the security firm calling, I talked last night ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Any Go To Assist alternatives for Linux
    ... I look at my monitor and see what the other box has on it's monitor. ... What worries me is having to install 65 port forwards in my ... router's iptables firewall. ... OpenVPN and opening the tunneling behind the firewall? ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: interfaces lo:1 lo:2 lo:3? (for remote ssh tunnels)
    ... I think you're tunneling thw wrong way, ... You will want the 2.0 beta, the current release wants a separate port ... >runs on office computers that listens for a connection from the ... >server, so it can handle the menuing on campus. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Two Services Listening
    ... > I access my linux box at home from work over 22, which is the only open port ... port connection is called tunneling. ... an IP subnet or even an Ethernet local net over a single port ... it needs the tunneling code at both ends ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)