Re: Software Firewall

Volker Birk wrote:
Duane Arnold <NotMe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Have you used a NAT router? If you have used a NAT router and you had a WEB server running behind the NAT router that you wanted exposed to the Internet on HTTP port 80 along with 20 and 21 for the FTP so that unsolicted traffic (any client machine on the Internet can contact the site), then you know what *port forwarding* on the router means.

Ah, you're meaning static NAT. Thanx for making that clear.

It's not my livelihood like some of the Top Guns in the NG, but I have a little skill to say the least about it.

Duane :)

  • Strange net config - possible? Alternatives? (2 NICs per PC 2 PCs)
    ... I want to have 2 PCs behind a NAT router. ... Auto DHCP, DNS, ... Router connects to Internet. ...
  • Re: AV software on partial internet connected network?
    ... if you have no reason not to be using a NAT router as the gateway ... The network is a 'basic' Windows XP workgroup LAN using a switch; ... one PC that has internet access does so via a dial-up connection to AOL. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: AV software on partial internet connected network?
    ... if you have no reason not to be using a NAT router as the gateway ... The network is a 'basic' Windows XP workgroup LAN using a switch; ... one PC that has internet access does so via a dial-up connection to AOL. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Norton Personall Firewall 2006 Problem
    ... What does it take to configure a NAT router for home usage, ... You wouldn't need a PFW and setting some kind of worthless APP Control rules ... application running on the machine exposed to the Internet. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: lac is connected, but no internet
    ... For starts since you have two computers you will need either at least two IP ... don't know if you have a NAT router or not. ... > From one day to the other my internet is not working anymore. ... one apple laptop, and a pc. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)