Re: Blocked incoming ICMP, getting outgoing ICMP [3] Destination Unreachable

Volker Birk wrote:
Ken Sims <ng3122@kensims.#nospam#.net.invalid> wrote:
Personally I have KPF configured to block outbound ICMP [3] without
logging.

Thanks, Ken.

Why?

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/archive/index.php/t-1124.html
My DNS servers are dynamic.

http://www.dslextreme.com/users/surferslim/tpf.html

Also, I'm an end user. My firewall doesn't shield some kind of
LAN. There is really nothing to see behind the firewall.

  • Re: Web browsing problems on LAN through RH7.2 ipchains firewall
    ... > I am having a few problems with a Red Hat 7.2 firewall running ipchains. ... > The workstations on the LAN are configured to query DNS servers of the ISP, ... > I know, it could be network congestion on their LAN, how can I measure this? ... configured with a 1500 byte MTU and sends those through the ADSL Router ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Web browsing problems on LAN through RH7.2 ipchains firewall
    ... I am having a few problems with a Red Hat 7.2 firewall running ipchains. ... The workstations on the LAN are configured to query DNS servers of the ISP, ... I know, it could be network congestion on their LAN, how can I measure this? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • It Shield Set up
    ... I'm planning to set up a dedicated firewall between my router and internal ... LAN 1 setup. ... Now the manual suggests two DNS servers, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: How save is a Windows PC on a Linux network.
    ... firewall between the dialup and the internal lan. ... Being of sound mind and body, I never surf with the Windows machine and ... Assuming you trust your firewall, and you know what's running on the ... I have to have it on the lan to access the Linux servers but sometimes it ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Hello
    ... Now there's a true doodle car. ... Download a trojaned file that infects you. ... Leave the firewall off and a worm infects you. ... Does the network shield in Avast actually ...
    (rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons)