Re: Reliability of Networking Hardware?

In article <1140908922.614483.248530@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
w_tom <w_tom1@xxxxxxx> wrote:
The homeowner must provide an AC
electric 'whole house' protector sold by responsible manufacturers such
as Square D, Leviton, Intermatic, Cutler-Hammer, GE, and Siemens.
Notice that names such as APC, Tripplite, and Belkin are not listed.

Note to the original poster:

You may wish to check previous threads involving w_tom and
"whole house" protectors. w_tom's opinions are fresh and
a challenge to us all.

  • APC hums (buzzes) when hair dryer is run in another room
    ... We live in an 80+ year old house with wiring of similar vintage. ... My main computer is on an APC Back-UPS ... My stepdaughter runs a blow dryer in her room and when she does, my APC unit ... makes a humming buzz sound for as long as the dryer is on. ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: Reliability of Networking Hardware?
    ... electric 'whole house' protector sold by responsible manufacturers such ... "whole house" protectors. ... they maybe fresh but I don't see this doing much good for someone living in an apartment or one doesn't have control of the house. ... Myself, I am more interested in keeping the power clean and constant to the router or FW appliance and other devices, which I had a lot of problems with the router as household appliances switched on and off on the line like the air conditioner, refrigerator, furnace etc. etc. causing problems that the UPS corrected the problems and I never had another peep out of the router. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: OT: UPS
    ... Normal home office. ... I got a nice APC unit some years ago. ... it was a faulty fuse where power comes into the house.) ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)