Re: Please help interpret Sygate Personal Firewall traffic log (ndisuio.sys)

Susan <miraweb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So, even if GRC is discredited, it seems that anything on port 1900 is
likely an attack http://www.seifried.org/security/ports/1000/1900.html

Yes. So what? As an estimation, 100% of the computers in the Internet
are under constant attack today, because of the botnets which drive such
automated attacks.

Just ignore that, when your box is secure.

Does everyone go through this
one by one squashing of invading insects in our systems?

No, why should someone?

Or is there a better way than to track down each and every connection?

Yes.

The concept of flashing popups to the user for every "attack" is b0rken
anyway. Just secure your box and ignore such dumb-ass attacks.

Yours,
VB.
--
My windows XP is updated for all critical updates including survive pack 2.
Norman Perry in c.s.f

  • Re: How 2 secure PC-PC data transfer
    ... The assumption that you are going to open your machine to attack is one of the worst ideas ... I have no idea what you mean by "not that secure". ... connecting a parallel port cable from PC to PC will work. ... If you have a front-end software that blocks all incoming FTP requests from the WAN (look ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Hashing of short fixed length messages
    ... You actually have 55 bytes of useful payload before MD5 requires a 2nd ... to present a traditional hash interface since the ... The input itself is a hash too, so I can ignore related key attack, ... to a speed-up factor of two, but I don't think it's secure. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Ask EU - Norton AV 2006
    ... >>It is true that an attacker could reprogram a network card so that his ... >>knowledge of your network setup before he could construct his attack. ... When you are on a secure site, ... from a "certificate authority" as a means of getting your browser to ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: My little something...
    ... Its more unlikely that attack on 1024 ECC to subvert it to weaker than ... More secure ofcourse. ... Dont give BS about two cascading ciphers not neccessarely being more ... 10101 as hash. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: strengthening /dev/urandom
    ... While it may use crypto to "mix the pool" and to ... distill entropy in the input it should not depend on ... If I can use this data in an attack, ... assume that AES whatever is NOT secure. ...
    (sci.crypt)