Re: how secure is a linux firewall?

You or anybody else in your organization have any real on the job
experience with a Linux solutions? Because if there is none there, then
management is making the right call in not allowing that to occur. And
the better solution would be a FW appliance in their view.

Alot of experience in the company, I personally have installed alot
of linux more at the workstation/server level but with a number of
external ftp sites. I've port scanned and hardened hosts by turning
off services/ports. I'd be more then comfortable ensuring there are
zero open external ports and that sort of thing. The question wasn't
on my experience that's an unknown to anyone on this list but
was on the security of linux firewalls instead.

Ron

  • Re: how secure is a linux firewall?
    ... experience with a Linux solutions? ... external ftp sites. ... I've port scanned and hardened hosts by turning ... zero open external ports and that sort of thing. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Looking for Firewall...
    ... had some linux solutions ... depended on the so called linux expert at our company. ... to bridge the time i need to learn linux and security related knowledge. ... reading books from www.tldp.org and still reading and reading and reading... ...
  • Re: Repairing jpg images
    ... Is there a utility to repair corrupt jpg images from a digital camera on ... Dunno 'bout any linux solutions. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Question about Linux for business
    ... >> By asking questions and someone would give ... "Linux is better ... > If the current system works fine, there is little reason to ... > limit your search to Linux solutions to the problems. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Question about Linux for business
    ... > as to why Linux would be better for a business that $gatesware. ... to Linux solutions to the problems. ... But at least you'd be trying to convince them on concrete reasons, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)