Re: Zone Alarm & Wireless Access Point Security

Ajax <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/secmgmt/sm0504.mspx
Volker, the software that I mentioned included Bit Defender, Norton,
and a couple of other mainstream packages that simply did not
uninstall all of their components when they were uninstalled.

We're talking not about uninstall. Please read the text behind this
URL.

When my nephews machine started having problems with some spyware
that came with his computer games, I used Erase to delete his entire
hard drive and then I installed a safe image made with Acronis. We
have had no more problems since then.

This was the point ;-)

Unless the malware that you described has altered my routers logs,
there are no unusual connections at this time on any of my machine.

Let's hope it's true, and you have nothing overseen.

Yours,
VB.
--
My windows XP is updated for all critical updates including survive pack 2.
Norman Perry in c.s.f

  • Symantec uninstaller may not finish the job
    ... Like most Windows software, Norton security products, published by the Symantec Corp., come with an uninstall option to remove the software from your computer. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Norton Error.
    ... its just installing it that's the problem. ... > If you have tried to uninstall your Norton program using Add/Remove Programs ... > In most cases we recommend that you uninstall all Norton and Symantec ...
  • Re: Word files not available
    ... If you uninstalled Norton AV does the problem persist? ... should remove the DLL) ... Uninstall and reinstall ... >>> to install office xp there. ...
  • Re: Norton problem
    ... The retail version of Norton can play havoc with your pc. ... using Norton's own uninstall tool ... very effective but suggest *not* to use the 'Clean the Registry' option. ... AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition ...
  • Re: Cannot Uninstall Windows Defender
    ... Norton 360 /requires/ that Defender be uninstalled or that another anti-virus or security suite be uninstalled? ... Microsoft has established separate newsgroups for Windows Defender support and comments. ... because I am trying to install Norton 360 and it says I must uninstall ...
    (microsoft.public.security)