Re: Firewall recommendation

Hi,

Thanks for the advise. Following the link http://www.netthreat.co.uk/core/ I
can see restrictions on number of users (i.e X700 < 150). Does this include
the users browsing the websites on my webserver or does it mean the
admin/VPN connections to the firewall?

Regards

Med

"Leythos" <void@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
In article <y60Gf.16207$wl.3260@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
Hi,

I am in process of building 2 servers that will be hosted in a
datacentre.
The first one will be a IIS6 web server and the second SQL Server which I
need to access via remote control/MMC console from the internet. Could
someone suggest a good firewall or the configuration methodology.

Only expose the web server via HTTP or HTTPS, when you want to manage
the servers, VPN into the firewall appliance and then set rules to allow
your VPN connection to access the servers as though you were on the LAN
with them.

Any major vendors firewall will provide what you need, but I like
WatchGuard, starting at the X700 series and above.

--

spam999free@xxxxxxxxxx
remove 999 in order to email me

  • Re: I have been hacked (WAS: Have I been hacked or is nmap wrong?)
    ... > console based ftp client. ... the FTP servers have? ... > They are really mail servers, at least smtp for outgoing mails ... If you're firewall was dropping incoming packets destined to ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • RE: Slow user logon on Terminal server after migration to Windows 2003
    ... The Terminal Servers are 2000 or 2003. ... "Inside the firewall zone" means that the Citrix Servers have a firewall ... available RPC ports? ...
  • Re: medical records, web server, & stateful firewall vs packet filter
    ... > image and SQL servers directly (the image server link in particular ... The image and SQL servers ... the 2 firewall layers should run different s/ware - the idea is that a major ... security always cost a lot more than you expect (this comes up whenever we ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • RE: Secure Network Design (DMZ, LAN, etc)
    ... you'll see that their both on the same subnet. ... It has a port for the trusted network and a port ... Our firewall handles NAT. ... > servers, wouldn't it require a public IP and therefore be somewhat ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re[3]: What can make DNS lookups slow? [semi-solved]
    ... My problem was that DNS lookups from and through my debian firewall ... My ISP's DNS servers are handing back replies from ... the machines inside the firewall, then I'd love to hear of it. ... # means that it queries the dmz server for everything ...
    (Debian-User)