Re: best firewall

Juergen Nieveler wrote:

gigabyte <gigabyte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Which firewall is best?
Cisco pix or netscreen 5GT plus?

What for? How much do you want to spend? Are you familiar with IOS or
not?

If price is not a problem, IMHO an enterprise-class StoneGate cluster
is the best firewall you can get... but of course that's a totally
different league compared to a PIX :-)

Juergen Nieveler

company firewall, connected to a sdsl line, 2 servers at the moment and <50
clients behind nat.
VPN so that home workers can login, I think 10 users is more than enough at
the moment

not familiar with IOS

  • Re: VPN Client & site-to-site, IOS 12.3
    ... With IOS 12.3YS and your hints I certainly will get things work this weekend. ... Future I would like to replace local authentication with Radius. ... Did anybody of you succeed in authenticating VPN clients using IOS and MS IAS? ... MS IAS worked fine for me in scenarios with VPN clients and Cisco PIX. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Cisco PIX 515E (7.2) Vpn Problems
    ... I have a cisco pix 515 recently upgraded to IOS 7.2 (aswell as the ... asdm) they have about 6 remote branches with pix 501 running IOS 6.3. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)