Re: best firewall

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 21:36:45 +0100, gigabyte
<gigabyte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

Which firewall is best?
Cisco pix or netscreen 5GT plus?

Well if you are looking for the Best of breeds and a UTM I would look
at the Sidewinder G2. Still the only Firewall not to have any
Emergency patching. http://www.securecomputing.com/index.cfm?skey=232

With its Type Enforcement OS your never able to hack into this box on
a vulnerablity.

Yet able to do Gig speed as an application Firewall.
EAL 4+ in the US

  • Re: Firewall recommendation
    ... I certainly hope that you have a flame-retardant suit in your closet! ... as the SonicWALL with the enhanced OS, ... firewall, even though "real firewall" is a subjective term, as some people ... almost no performance hit even with all the UTM services running, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: How to review and report an utm box
    ... UTM Box is a Hoax, It is just a firewall with some additional feature sets. ... as a Perimeter firewall or as an Application level firewall. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this guide we ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Security for new small company
    ... Cisco Router for your internet connection. ... Firewall 1 is expensive, and every option is an additional cost. ... Cisco Pix and FW1 top 3 firewalls. ... personal Netscape Mail account today at ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Cisco PIX 515 Firewall
    ... Subject: Cisco PIX 515 Firewall ... Cisco PIX uses the ASA (adaptive security algorithm) which is basically ... Velly Velly nice firewall to work on. ... > keep-state tables to auto-pass the rest of the packets in the session. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Active Sync Device Mail Fails Intermittently to One Address
    ... about every 4th time she will recieve one. ... Using a Cisco Pix Fierwall? ... Andy, thanks for your reply, and yes, does display just a string of ... And yes, we are using a Cisco firewall, it is the 5505 ASA. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)