Re: LOOKS LIKE COMPUTER ASSOCIATES ANTI-VIRUS GOT WHACKED TODAY

Nexus7 Wrote:
Then again, Nyxem has no destructive payload that would cause server
instability -- it deletes nonexecutable data types, and it can't even
spread over network shares. I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone
being a pain with malformed packets / DDOS / someone hitting the wrong
switch in the server room, but it's definitely not "Kama Sutra" worm
related.

correct, this is not related to "kama sutra" worm though i find this an
interesting conversation, will keep myself updated here.

--
Zold
Zold's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=5276

  • Code-Red: An analytic model of its spread
    ... Subject: Code-Red: An analytic model of its spread ... and then try to compromise that IP address using ... the worm analyzed by Eeye has what seems like a bug. ... compromised machine picks other machines to attack completely at random. ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Vulnerability Disclosure Debate
    ... >spread so well, then, if it was so worthless and buggy. ... >You can't imagine? ... failure -- as it means the worm has been discovered on many systems. ... >>there were other people knowing about the vulnerability already. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Fw: [Unpatched] The Bizex worm
    ... We have all talked about how most viruses and worms that actually spread ... Everything indicates that Bizex is a worm which was created as a hired ... several vulnerabilities and exploits in multiple technologies such as ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • [Full-Disclosure] Fw: [Unpatched] The Bizex worm
    ... We have all talked about how most viruses and worms that actually spread ... Everything indicates that Bizex is a worm which was created as a hired ... several vulnerabilities and exploits in multiple technologies such as ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Fw: [Unpatched] The Bizex worm
    ... We have all talked about how most viruses and worms that actually spread ... Everything indicates that Bizex is a worm which was created as a hired ... several vulnerabilities and exploits in multiple technologies such as ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)