Re: extra ip for vpn?

"firewall22" <firewall22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1138225062.367561@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> If you have a vpn server in your router, is it recommended to have an
> extra
> fixed ip for it?
> Or put the vpn on the standard fixed ip where the rest of the network is
> behind via nat and forwarding?

What do you mean by "in your router"?

Whatever you meant by that, there isn't a recommendation either way, it
should work on it's own or sharing with your gateway.

-Russ.

  • Re: extra ip for vpn?
    ... >> If you have a vpn server in your router, is it recommended to have an ... >> Or put the vpn on the standard fixed ip where the rest of the network is ... >What do you mean by "in your router"? ... >Whatever you meant by that, there isn't a recommendation either way, it ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • extra ip for vpn?
    ... If you have a vpn server in your router, is it recommended to have an extra ... behind via nat and forwarding? ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: VPN to Linux server behind NAT router from XP Home?
    ... Postmaster wrote: ... >>I still can't get through my router however. ... >>establishing a PPTP connection to an ISP. ... > will just go to the VPN server. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: VNC under VPN
    ... you can connect to the VPN server via router or firewall program. ... program or use a router on the other client computer to block the posts, ...
  • Re: Router advice
    ... What do you mean by DDR firmware? ... I've had a Netgear WNR3500L for a couple of years now, first using DD-WRT, ... a Cisco router, but this has been perfectly fine. ... Only thing left for me to play with is getting a VPN server up and running ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)